Friday, February 11, 2011

Blogging Away

In my effort to write more I've decided to try blogging. It's a strange thing to me, blogging, and if I'm completely honest, I'm quite nervous about sharing it with others... but whatever. My intentions are personal and that is what counts. I intend to try and recover that part in me that got buried over the years for trying to 'keep the peace' and not upset anyone because my views tend to be different. It is that part of me that I want to write from because it's the most honest part of who I am. I believe in absolute Truth ~ not some version of the truth that will make someone one feel better, which in turn leaves truth tarnished and ruins the integrity that could have been had.
I've wanted to write for a very long time, twenty or more years I'd say, but God made it clear to me I needed to wait. I had gone and bought a really nice typewriter and was just so sure I was going to pop out a book in no time. I laugh now, at how ignorant I was. I don't remember the circumstance but I very clearly remember God telling me I had a lot more to go through before I was ready to write. I'm so glad I was ignorant to the full meaning of that. Ignorance can truly be blissful.
In recent months I'm feeling a serious need to write, to just get it all out. I did some prayer writing and journaling when the kids were younger and took naps, but as they got older life got a whole lot busier and then there came a time when I didn't know where or even how to start. Now at times, it's all I can do to keep it in. I hope to keep this in some kind of order but I more expect it will just have to take it's shape as I go along. It's a blog now, not a book :)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for you!!! I think you will enjoy blogging. I can help you with comment moderation. And if you have questions just ask away. If I don't know the answer someone will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey,
    I'm so glad you have found a way to exercise your incredible writing gift - and to explore your "take" on life! I look forward to keeping up with your blog!
    Carol Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it clean ~ foul or offensive language will be deleted :)